Friday, July 30, 2010

Roll-Call: Aug 7 looms

Well it's July 30 today and I've a butt-load of models left to do.

Work has been at its busy best, so I've been straining somewhat to get stuff up and running for the big game.

Here's a big list of stuff I have done/need to get done:

Company Command

Chimera APC

Platoon Command

Chimera APC

Infantry Squad with Missile Launcher and Grenade Launcher

Infantry Squad with Missile Launcher and Grenade Launcher

Infantry Squad with Autocannon and Grenade Launcher

Infantry Squad with Autocannon and Grenade Launcher

Veteran Squad with Lascannon and 2 Plasma Guns

10 Penal Legion

5 Ogryns with Bone 'ead

2 Scout Sentinels with Missile Launchers and Hunter Seeker Missiles

Armoured Sentinel with Lascannon

Hellhound Firethrower

Leman Russ, 3 Heavy Bolters

Leman Russ, 3 Heavy Bolters

Leman Russ, 3 Heavy Bolters

Manticore Missile Launcher

Deathstrike Missile Launcher

Shadowsword

Red items are work in progress, green ones are ready to roll.

There's so much to do I've decided to clear the last of my leave and get it all done next week, so hopefully I'll be really productive then.

Although it looks like an awful lot of stuff to clear in a matter of one week, I haven't been completely idle...

The Manticore just needs its missiles finished, the Ogryns need camo pants and the Sentinels need pilots adding.

That leaves a truly scary number of infantry squaddies that need doing though... somewhere in the region of 25+.

It'll be an uphill battle for sure, but painting challenges are only fun if there's a modicum of stress involved, so it's all for the good.

Plus once this lot is done, it's just a Marauder Destroyer, a Vendetta, a Demolisher and 40 squaddies before it's Leviathan time!

On that note, I have requisitioned my as yet unassembled Chaos Baneblade for one half of the Leviathan's tracks. I guess I'll just have to pick something else shiny for Sardaris and his spiky chaotic friends to flaunt around, next to their Brass Scorpion of course.

I've also picked up a Shrine of the Aquila and found a suitably Macrocannon-esque aquarium filter nozzle to use as the gun barrel, as well as tons of Cities of Death railing bits to use, courtesy of the gaming group guys.

The Shrine of the Aquila is perfect for the front of the Leviathan I have to say. It's huge, and very very detailed.


It promises to be absolutely spectacular once done!

1 comment:

  1. I thought after the painting challege and some forgeworld stuff you will be done with IG. Then I saw you mentioning the Leviathan. LOL

    ReplyDelete