Friday, July 2, 2010

These mechs were made for walkin'

Sentinels!

Easily half the reason to play Guard. Clompy chikken-legged goodness!

Star Wars ripoff? Sure. Still cool? Oh my yes.

When you set these on the table, you have to make clomp! clomp! clomp! noises...

This here's the armoured version... Or rather my version of the armoured version. The roof was er... missing (curse you previous owner!) so I had to fashion one out of... card of all things.

It was all I had on me at the time, and since I figured the roof'd take no strain, I went ahead and sealed it up.

Also, Sentinels didn't come with plastic big guns back in the day, so this one's a trimmed-down heavy weapon team lascannon.

I abhor composite (metal + plastic) models like the plague, since they have a tendency to be unbalanced and fall over a lot. Hard to look cool when you're face down on the table... So I put together this one.

Also the lightweight gun on it meant I could use a smaller magnet to 'tiap' it on. Bonus!

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment