Sooooo..... What's makes a person geekier than another in this hobby, other than creating a survey to see how much of a nerd you are? *ahem*
I was having drinks with a gaming kaki when we started wondering what means we could use to measure involvement in this hobby (read: geekiness).
We sorted things out into 5 categories, then came up with 4 statements about each. The idea is you score 1 point for each of the following, to come up with a total 'geek' factor.
It's subjective as hell and utterly inaccurate, but it's all for a good laugh.
Also we're thinking of adding a points weightage to the system, since some statements have more nerd-weight than others (haha).
See anything that needs adding? Let me know in the comments.
1.Writes own fluff
2.Knows fluff of armies not in own collection
3.Able to identify fluff changes
4.Has strongly disagreed with fluff before
1. Paints in a group on weekends regularly
2. Paints at home regularly (2-3 times a week)
3. Scratchbuilds/kitbashes models involving parts from at least 4 different models
4. Converts models for purely aesthetic reasons
1. Familiar with rules from at least 3 codeci for army not in collection
2. Has played at least 3 games without needing to check rules
3. Owns a copy of FAQs for armies outside of collection
4. Has played a game from each expansion at least once (Battle Missions, Cityfight etc.)
1. Owns non-competitive choices and used them at least thrice
2. Able to field at least 80% of an army's available units, less unreleased models
3. Owns Apocalypse-ready force (3000pts painted including 1 formation/super heavy)
4. Able to max out one section of the force organization chart with multiples of 1 unit type (not HQ)
1. Orders new releases the same month they are made available
2. Owns at least 1 Forgeworld fully-resin kit of at least 60 pounds in value
3. Has bought at least 1750 points of models in one go
4. Owns at least 4k of models for one army, painted or unpainted
1. First to know about a new rumour on an army not in own collection, on at least 3 separate occasions
2. Visits at least 5 unique wargaming related websites a week
3. Regular visitor to a website focussing on one faction in 40k
4. Regular contributor to a gaming forum